Detoxification is how our bodies eliminate waste products that are either harmful to us or not required by us. Our bodies are subjected to countless toxins from food, the environment and also those produced internally inside us. Unhealthy lifestyles add to our toxic load.
To stay healthy, the body tries to break down these toxins to eliminate them. When it is unable to do so fully, that is when health problems may arise. These can range from minor symptoms such as:-
- skin conditions
- body aches
- digestive symptoms
- poor concentration
It can also result in many diseases. Some of the conditions that may be associated with toxic overload include depression, chronic fatigue, autoimmune conditions, cancer, arthritis and menstrual disorders. Toxic buildup can impair our immune function, affect our hormones, and cause emotional disturbances.
Toxins can come from many sources. This includes:
- Environmental- smoking, pesticides, fertilisers, moulds, mercury, lead and pollution.
- Dietary- food allergies, processed food, food additives and preservatives, nonorganic meat, fruit, and vegetables.
- Emotional- negative feelings.
- Drugs- alcohol and being overmedicated
- Internal toxins- produced by the body through normal metabolic reactions, bacteria, fungus and yeast.